Job DescriptionDue to tremendous growth, our Content Team currently has an exciting opportunity for Content Writer to join their team. You’ll be researching and writing about Businesses for their website copy and blogs. In addition to this you will write the content for Blue Whale Media's own blogs, articles etc.
• Research, write and edit content for a variety of marketing communications including website content, whitepapers, articles, infographics, videos, collateral and more
• Maintain a library of statistics and quotes by keeping up to date with industry papers and articles
• Collaborate across the social, online and campaign teams to react and respond to content requirements as needed
• Develop content for specific global territories and verticals according to the channel plans
• Establish strong relationships with stakeholders in other departments including product management, development, recruitment, professional services and the exec team
• Think strategically and participate in idea generation for content and campaign
Working WeekMonday – Friday 10.00am – 5.00pm Based on 30 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Excellent communication skills
- • Natural writing ability
- • Excellent spelling and grammar
- • Prior experience of blogging or content writing for business or different audiences
- • Attention to detail
- • Prior knowledge of WordPress would be beneficial
- • Ability to use initiative
- • Excellent interpersonal skills
- • Ability to deal with people from all works of life
- • Mature
- • Professional
- • Creative
- • Positive attitude towards work
- • Reliable
- • Enthusiastic
- • Responsible
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate and/or progression onto a Level 4 apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.