Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity working for an established printing company based in Greater Manchester. You will work in a busy marketing department, within an experienced team who will help and develop your skillset.
• Working with the Head of Digital
• Create display ads
• Create Ads for search and display networks
• Track and monitor a campaigns performance with a weekly/monthly report
• Analyse data to identify the target market and optimise each campaign
• Analyse and report data with Google Analytics
• Collecting campaign metrics
• Follow up and analysis of campaign results
• Draft copy for digital marketing communications
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • High attention to detail
- • Good organisational skills
- • Able to work well with others
- • Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as the role will require direct contact with customers and staff members in a variety of departments
- • The ability to multi-task
- • Computer literate with web browsers through to Word/Excel type packages.
- • Has some experience in the use of Adobe Creative Suite.
- • Has some experience in database or CRM software systems e.g. Salesforce
- • Enjoys problem solving, always looking to make improvements in systems and processes
- • Proactive and positive with a ‘can do’ attitude
- • Telephone etiquette
- • Willingness to embrace change
- • Ability to think independently and work within a team
- • Commitment and flexible approach to working
- • Honest & reliable
Future ProspectsA permanent role in the Customer Support team for the right candidate would be made available. This could be across any of the teams mentioned within the department. Almost all of the Customer Support team started within the business in a junior role, moving all the way through to Department Managers and even Director roles.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.