Job DescriptionView Gardens is a busy Garden Centre in the Heart of Essex, near Wickford in Essex. Following the recent successful launch of our new website, we are now looking for a full time new team member to manage our existing online operation and help create and implement an ongoing marketing plan.
You will work to engage with our customers online and deliver our overall marketing plan.
You will be responsible for engaging with our customers on social media. This includes proactively reaching out to people and answering any queries raised.
A regular campaign of marketing activity will ensure that we’re consistently reaching out to new and existing customers. As part of this campaign you will be responsible for:
• Content creation including updating the site where necessary and organising blog posts.
• Newsletter creation and distribution
• Promoting special offers and events that are held at View Garden Centre from time to time.
• Getting under the hood of what our customers want using targeted customer surveys.
Working Week5 days per week incorporating at busy times of the year an on/off weekend rota. How many shift hours per day: 7.5 to 8 hours dependent upon time of year 9-5pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- None required but it would be an advantage to have Good face to face communication skills, command of English both verbally and in writing, understanding of all forms of social media and Microsoft word and EXCEL.
- • Professional
- • Punctual
- • Hardworking
- • Enthusiastic
- • Presentable
- • Able to work of their own initiative
Future ProspectsTo be the first individual of a new department which could mean as the department grows that you are ideally placed to take on a supervisory or management role.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy in Chelmsford for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.