Job DescriptionAn excellent opportunity has arisen to join a growing interiors ecommerce business as an eCommerce and Digital Marketing Apprentice. Based in Peasedown St John, Bath you will be responsible for helping coordinate and promote their online proposition.
If you have a passion for marketing, entrepreneurship, technology and design / inte-riors this might just be the ideal job for you. You will help drive traffic to the website using the various digital marketing channels. You will be taught budgeting and planning skills to evaluate these campaigns and ensure they are successful and profitable. You will be tasked with ensuring the latest products are on site and pag-es are merchandised (look as good as possible). Because of the nature of the business you will be exposed to wide variety of areas in the digital marketing and eCommerce fields. You will also be working closely with one of the directors for hands on training and development.
Responsibilities will include:
• Developing online marketing communications in a variety of channels in-cluding: PPC, SEO, Digital PR, Blog, Social Media, Email marketing and more.
• Adding new products to the website
• Ensuring various pages are merchandised and optimized.
• Updating web content and optimise for SEO strategies
• Write engaging content for websites, blog, email and social media
• Update Social Media channels and blog in line with strategy
• E-mail marketing: creation of regular newsletter and target CRM messages.
• Graphic design: Creation of banners, leaflets and more.
• Completion and reviewing of KPI and other management reports.
• Use data from web tracking tools like Google Analytics to check the effec-tiveness of marketing campaigns
• Track the success of your marketing campaigns and present your findings to management
• UX (User experience) testing and presentation of results.
• Keep your knowledge current and predict new digital marketing trends.
• Undertake other reasonable duties, from time to time, as required.
• Undertake other tasks, as directed, to meet the needs of the business; work flexibly; and take personal responsibility for personal development
Working WeekMonday 10:00 – 5:00 30 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Awareness and flair for social media channels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- GCSE of C and above in English.
- Strong computer literacy and IT Skills.
- A passion for marketing and all things online.
- Appreciate good design, craftsmanship and interiors.
- Passion for helping grow a start-up business and being part of something.
- Happy to work in a small team.
- Hard working and honest
- Willing to learn
- Self-motivated and ability to use own initiative.
- Strive for quality in the work they do.
- Exposure to Adobe suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc)
- Ability to think commercially
- Entrepreneurial flair
Future ProspectsLevel 4 progression in the company
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.