Job DescriptionAre you passionate about marketing and social media? Would you like to be part of a small team and help them grow through marketing? Are you a creative person who loves to design and promote? If so, this could be the ideal role for you. Apply Now!
The position is Marketing Apprentice. The purpose of this exciting role is to support the marketing efforts of the business and, in time, that of its clients. You will be using a range of social media and marketing tools to promote Hayward Miller, raise the company’s profile and ultimately help to bring in new business. You will also be providing support in other areas of the business – particularly Market Research, as well as Business Admin, Telemarketing and IT. This will be a supported role, with ongoing training and assessment, both on-the-job and via college work. Working hours are 8 hours a day Monday to Friday.
Key Responsibilities – Training will be given in all areas
• Planning and running digital marketing campaigns.
• Managing social media accounts.
• Researching and updating the current social media strategy.
• Creating newsletters for website and email.
• Writing blog posts.
• Building up the newsletter subscriber list.
• Managing the marketing budget.
• Measuring campaign success.
• Producing leaflets, posters, infographics and other marketing documents.
• Market research, including collecting and collating data and creation of databases.
• Assisting with administration of the website and blog.
• Search Engine Optimisation.
Other Responsibilities – Training will be given in all areas
• Taking inbound calls from potential customers.
• Answering phone for colleagues and taking messages.
• Taking part in company meetings.
• Undertaking internal training where required.
• General administrative duties including routine photocopying, scanning, filing.
• B2B calling on behalf of Hayward Miller.
• There may be the occasional opportunity to attend business events or visits to client premises, with supervision.
• Covering tasks for colleagues as required.
This position and Apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to develop your skills and experience and begin to build a career. A permanent position will be available at the end of your Apprenticeship based on performance. There is also a performance-based bonus available at the end of each year. The apprentice will need to arrange their own travel to and from work and college. Good transport links are available to and from Thetford.
The Job will require long periods of working on a computer. You will be working in an office environment and will be expected to dress smartly and be well-presented at all times. On rare occasions, you may be expected to work extra hours.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 8:30-5
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Broad social media knowledge
- • Solid IT skills
- • Graphic design/artistic skills desirable but not essential
- • A positive attitude and willingness to work toward the qualification.
- • Motivated
- • A passion for digital marketing
Future ProspectsPossible progression to level 4 and full-time employment to the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.