Job DescriptionYou will be a valued member of a growing team of people who are enthusiastic about their jobs and interested in new ideas and ways of working. The Company is constantly growing and adapting and all ideas are welcomed here.
You will have varying roles in the Company, all of which you will be trained for:
● General business admin: Filing, organising, updating calendars, online research
● Customer services: Dealing with calls from pickUp shops, and clients needing help with booking deliveries. You will also be recruiting pickUp shops. You will always have training and support in whatever you are asked to do.
● Sales and marketing: You will assist with our rapidly growing online presence through FaceBook, Twitter, Google groups and LinkedIn. You will help with mailshots, online forums, magazines and groups, including writing and picture work.
You will learn many ways of working including: Zendesk, Zendesk voice, Zendesk chat via Zopim and Infobip – SMS texting service for customer support. Also Cloud Post, Wunderlist and Capsule CRM. You may be trained in Photoshop and Illustrator.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm although this may sometimes change to 8:00 to 4:00 (with a flexible hour off for lunch and timed breaks).
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • business admin / sales / marketing
- • happy to have variety in the role
- • adaptable
- • Good team player
- • motivated
- • enthusiastic
- • good work ethic
- • graduates welcome to apply
- • flexible
Future ProspectsTo progress on to level 4.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.