Job DescriptionOur digital marketing apprentice will learn how to carry out a wide variety of online marketing activities for clients, ultimately working up to overseeing multiple client accounts themselves. They will ensure that all work undertaken is to the highest standard and helps to achieve client goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Social Media Management
After training, you will assist in managing the social media accounts of clients, with the goal of growing followers and getting engagement. You will also learn to manage and optimise paid social media campaigns, which will include coming up with creative ideas, implementing these in designs, writing advert copy, selecting targeting, and setting up/monitoring/tweaking campaigns.
Assisting in producing content (social media posts, blogs, press releases, etc.) to be published internally and externally. Learning how to optimise article content & structure for different scenarios.
Assisting in compilation of reports outlining monthly activities to be sent to clients.
Under direction, you will undertake research activities for the marketing department. This will include, but not be limited to, keyword research, backlink research, social media research, and company research. You may also be required to identify influential blogs/websites and social media accounts that would be worth targeting or partnering with to help promote our company and our clients.
Identifying what a client’s business competitors are doing differently online and suggesting ways of improving their strategy based on this information.
SEO and PPC
Following training, you will carry out Search Engine Optimisation activities to help clients obtain good search engine rankings for selected keywords. You will also learn how to set up, target, and optimise Google AdWords Pay Per Click (PPC) campaigns.
You will work towards managing your own small portfolio of clients over time. An exceptional approach to communication both written and over the phone is essential for this.
Providing ad hoc marketing and administrative support when required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm with 1 hour for lunch (37.5 hours per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Basic Microsoft Office: Competent with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Social Media knowledge
- Online experience/knowledge
- Very Good level of written English
- IT literate
- Keen to learn and embrace new technology
- Good attention to detail and high quality of work
- Interest in digital marketing
- Highly analytical and confident working with data
- Adaptable, able to learn quickly and use own initiative
- Highly collaborative and able to work as part of a team
Future ProspectsOpportunity for promotion and progression onto Level 4.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.