Job DescriptionThis is a great opportunity to work within an exciting and developing food business, who were recently voted the Best Independent Retailer at the Observer Food Monthly Awards. We are looking for an enthusiastic and diligent person to join our team to help deliver our digital communications and marketing strategies.
As a Digital Marketing Apprentice at Rafi’s Spicebox your role will be assisting and working alongside the marketing and management team to communicate the core aims and ethos of the business to attract new customers, continue engaging existing customers and help with the continuing development of the brand.
• Social Media Management – including writing content, using appropriate images to communicate and engage with customers.
• E-newsletters – creating customer newsletter & internal team newsletters.
• Website – updating and managing content for blogs, recipes and homepage content.
• Advertising –social media, Google Ad Words other online advertising opportunities.
• Reporting – Reports for seasonal marketing activities and promotions, social media and Google Analytics.
• Communication and building relationships
• Maintaining strong internal communication with Site Managers, and Logistics Manager to help delivery marketing and promotional activity.
• General admin support and ad hoc task and projects as required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9am - 5:30pm. Occasional weekend and out of office ours work may be needed. 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- • Computer skills – proficient in using software for word processing & spreadsheets.
- • An understanding of different social media platforms.
- • Have good written English and copywriting skills.
- • Excellent communication is vital to this role – to both liaise with our team, suppliers and our customers.
- • Passionate and interested in food.
- • Works well collaboratively and creatively in a small team and also taking initiative and being self-motivated to work independently.
- • Someone who has a desire to learn and challenge themselves with new ideas.
Future ProspectsPermanent position within the business for the right candidate, depending on their progress.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy in YORK for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.