Job DescriptionReporting to the Region Manager, the Digital Marketing Assistant will work with the Marketing & Communications Assistant and the M&C volunteers to assists in the delivery of the Region’s Marketing and Communication strategy, specifically around digital marketing and communications
Main areas of responsibility
• Be the main staff point of contact for digital marketing and communications work, supporting the Marketing & Communications Assistant and Lead Volunteer for M&C
• Design advertising or communication materials using Adobe Creative suite (or similar) in line with the design house style, for use both online or in a printed format
• Create and deploy information from member surveys using online survey tools
• Produce and update content for the Region website
• Monitor and create content for Region social media channels, liaising with volunteers to give them access to “take over” channels when appropriate
• Review existing website, social media and website analytics, feeding back to M&C team and Region Manager with recommendations
• Participate in a review of the Region website, and contribute to any upgrade projects as appropriate
• Undertake a review of social media channels and make recommendations on how this would be effectively developed and maintained in the future
• Develop and maintain a system to manage the Region’s photo library
• Work with the M&C team to identify emerging communication tools and look at how they could be adopted by the Region
• Assist with the administration of marketing events, for example the Great Yorkshire Show
• Undertake general office duties as and when required
• Work as part of the Region team to meet the outcomes of the Region strategic plan, supporting colleagues and contributing ideas for continuous improvement
Role specific requirements
In order to undertake this role, it is expected that you will have:
• An appreciation of the objectives of Girlguiding
• A high level of written and verbal communication skills, with English GCSE grade C or above
• An active interest in emerging trends in communications technology
• An appropriate level of competency in office and communications IT systems, including Microsoft Office; WordPress; design software; online survey tools; Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and other social media platforms
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 30 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Strong writing skills.
• Ability to understand technology and the challenges of online ecommerce (internet and ecommerce).
• Attention to detail.
• Positive can-do attitude.
• Salary is apprenticeship level.
• Full apprentice training
Personal Qualities• Creative
• Able to work under pressure
• Able to work to specific times/targets
• Ability to work well in a team and on your own
• Enthusiasm to learn and develop
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate
• Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)