Job DescriptionAre you a creative individual looking for a career as a Creative Author? Then this is the career for you, you will be writing content for their social media channels and publications!
The Digital Marketing Apprentice’s role will be to create and publish new and exciting content for our website/publications and social media channels on a daily basis, ensuring the subject is relevant and current.
- Keeping up-to-date with and fully understanding student life and general news, turning work around in a very fast manner and to an excellent standard.
- Communicating ideas/features with the content and sales team.
- Monitoring and reporting usage statistics and clicks using Bitly and Google Analytics.
- Building a community and utilising data effectively on social media.
- Contributing to the development and growth of our digital channels for user engagement.
- Success in this role is achieved by creating cutting edge content with a quick turnaround. Attention to detail is critical.
- Proof reading articles.
Full training will be delivered as required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Ideally a minimum of 5 GCSEs C and above.
• Good knowledge of social media platforms.
• Experience using WordPress or a similar blogging platform is an advantage.
• Experience using Adobe Photoshop will be helpful but not required.
• Experience using Microsoft packages, specifically Outlook.
• Strong attention to detail and excellent grammar.
• You must be PC literate (Microsoft Office) and be able to use social media effectively.
Personal Qualities• Hungry for success/entrepreneurial.
• Knowledge of digital marketing and marketing background desirable but not necessary.
• The Digital Marketing Apprentice will have a very good understanding of student life, and what interests university students.
• You must be able to write a very good piece of text, which grabs the attention of the reader, being able to write about multiple subjects.
• The candidate must be determined, enthusiastic, confident, and happy to easily fit into a team of approx 12 people, able to work efficiently in a group or alone.
Future ProspectsThe potential exists for this role to develop into a full-time position for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship includes:
• BCS Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Principles of Coding
o BCS Level 3 Certificate in Marketing Principles
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend your local 3aaa academy in Norwich for around 20 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a four day synoptic assessment at the end of your course (approx. month 14)
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 8 weeks
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.