Job DescriptionAre you a technology enthusiast who enjoying blogging, social media and marketing looking to put your creative skills in to practice? How you would you like to develop you own marketing campaigns, create web content and have the opportunity to develop your digital career with a small and friendly team with prospects to progress?
Working for a small, friendly team with full support the role will be very varied and include:
• All aspects of managing social media platforms
• Creating and managing marketing campaigns
• Analysing campaign results
• Creating web content
• Creating and managing blogs
• Creating mail shot campaigns
• Answering the telephone
• Ensuring a high standard of customer service when answering the telephone to customers
• Updating information on the computer
The ideal candidate will be motivated, go getting and keen to learn. As interest in technology and digital marketing is essential as the role could also involve assisting in fixing any basic IT errors as well and all aspects of Digital Marketing.
Working Week9.00 am – 3.00 pm Monday – Friday. 30 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Computer literate
- • Customer service skills
- • Motivated
- • Keen to learn
- • Happy to input ideas and confident to manage own marketing campaigns
- • A proven interest in digital marketing
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 and build a career in Digital Marketing within the company.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.