Job DescriptionDo you have a strong desire to work for an IT company as an IT Technician involving assisting IT Engineers customer visits and answering customer telephone calls to resolve IT issues? Do you enjoy technology and want to start your IT career? If you have basic IT hardware skills and an eagerness to learn please get in touch today!
|The role will be Helpdesk based to begin with however as the successful apprentice’s skills grow, the role will also include going out with an IT engineer to customer sites.|
The role will involve:
· PC, server & networking equipment.
· Receiving full training on Microsoft client operating systems: XP, Windows 7. Microsoft Server operating systems, 2003, 2008, 2012 Server, SBS Server, Exchange.
· Deploying & maintaining antivirus solutions.
· Implementing & maintaining backup solutions.
· Knowledge of IP networking & routing.
· Liaising with customers over the telephone and in person to resolve IT related issues
· Helping the telephone to customers
· Logging all details on the computer system
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCustomer service,
problem solving skills,
excellent telephone manner,
good written English skills,
keen interest in IT
Future ProspectsTo become a permanent member of the team or progress to level 4
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)