Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity for an ambitious person to join a Finance team in a period of growth for the Young Ideas Group. The role will be spread across both Online and Retail with a broad range of tasks across the Finance function.
We are looking for someone to operate as a member of the Young Ideas Finance team (currently 3 people) to continually improve business processes, the accuracy of data and safeguard all company assets.
· Daily cashing up of Retail stores
· Posting Online sales details and reconciling relevant control accounts
· Purchase Ledger support for Online and Retail to include posting of invoices and supplier statement reconciliations
· Bank reconciliations
· Contribute to team by suggesting improvements for processes and documents
· General office administration duties as required
· Other projects as requested by Head of Finance
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Computer and number literate with good excel skills.
Good team player and ability to take instruction from all colleagues across the business.
Personal QualitiesA person with a positive attitude who is not afraid to ask for help or request additional work as required.
Future ProspectsIt is anticipated that after the apprenticeship has completed the role will turn into a permanent opportunity.
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Derby on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.