Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the largest alternative Educational providers in the East Midlands, including independent schools, trading companies and a charity within the group. You will be a valuable member of a small finance team, placing an active role in all areas of transactional finance.
The Finance Associate reports directly into the Head of Finance and supports with the delivery of operational excellence, specifically in the finance and credit control function. This role has the potential to implement any strong and valuable ideas in a supportive environment, where strong finance control and governance is the backbone of the group.
Duties will include:
– Processing sales invoices and supporting schedules required
– Payment of supplier invoices in line with the Purchase Order process
– Responsible for checking any discount available is taken
– Deciding when to pay the invoice according to criteria laid down by the Head of Finance
– Input into payment run process including preparation of BACs payments, cheque runs, or CHAPS payments
– Matching payments to invoices
– Producing Aged Creditor Report, highlighting any outstanding invoices left on the account that require payment
– Supplier Statement Reconciliations
– Performing financial analysis with regard to overheads and other schedules as required
– Processing Expenses
– Handling & Processing Petty Cash
– Maintaining Balance Sheet reconciliations
– Maintaining intercompany backup schedules
– Administrative and filing tasks
– Ad hoc duties as required by the Head of Finance
Working WeekMonday - Friday. Hours to be confirmed
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Excellent communication
- Intermediate user of MS Excel, use of VLOOKUP and Pivot Tables desirable
- Experience of working in a finance office
- Understanding of basic accounting principles
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to manage workload
- Ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Ability to work as part of an effective team
- Willingness to learn new skills and be trained
- Positive Attitude
Future ProspectsR.E.A.L are looking to recruit a candidate with the potential and desire to progress through the AAT qualification onto further training and to become a permanent member of the finance team.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.