Job DescriptionDo you want to work for a fast paced, busy and growing business based in the heart of Southwark? A fantastic opportunity has become available for a hard-working individual keen to kick start their career within the finance department.
• Using Xero accounting software. Coding & sending ad-hoc invoices to clients prepared/as requested by Procurement team.
• Preparing recurring billing invoices & sending to clients.
• Invoicing clients for projects when requested as outlined in TeamGantt project management software.
• Entry-level credit control including sending statements to clients, email & phone call follow up of soft-debts (30 days & less). Reporting to Finance Manager & escalating any issues.
• Reconciliation of bank statement in Xero including payments from clients and payments to suppliers.
• Receipting Purchase Orders prepared by Procurement team in WorkflowMax to create Supplier invoice in Xero for payment. Checking with Procurement team to ensure invoices are correct as per what was received. Following up Suppliers for any credit notes as necessary.
• Reconciliation of credit card statement in Xero, liaising with Procurement team for supplier invoices pertaining to procurement purchases.
• Monitoring of Accounts mailbox and entering any payable invoices/responding to client queries.
• General admin duties such as filing, banking cheques
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Knowledge of account systems
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to succeed
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate and potential progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will include:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping.
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts.
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016.
• 6 mandatory units including:
Final accounts preparation
Management accounting: Costing
Ethics for accountants
Spreadsheets for accounting
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship you will be required to attend your local Accountancy Academy for various training sessions.
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks.
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
• During your apprenticeship programme, there will be 7 examinations throughout:
x2 L2 Bookkeeping
x1 L2 Sag
x4 L3 Diploma
The remainder of your training will be completed within the workplace.