Job DescriptionExcellent opportunity working for a provider of Cisco refreshed powered solutions. We work with some of the largest users of Cisco products worldwide, from major banks and insurance companies, through service providers, systems integrators, to local councils and the NHS.
As the Finance Assistant Apprentice you will support the Senior Finance Assistant and be responsible for the following:
• Develop the skills to raise sales invoices and credit notes
• Develop the skills to process purchase invoices and credit notes
• Develop the skills to reconcile supplier statements on a monthly basis at the very least
• Develop the skills to process employee expenses, credit card transaction and processing these accurately and within the company policy
• Develop the skills to complete daily bank reconciliation, cash and banking across the company’s multiple accounts in multi-currency
• Ability to send out weekly statements to customers
• Assist the Senior Finance Assistant/Finance Assistant in keeping regular update of the customer’s credit lines and keep these up to date at all times.
• Develop the skills to run weekly margin reports for the Financial Controller when required
• Carry out filing on a regular basis to ensure that all reports/documents are filed
• Ad hoc duties when required
• Any other duties as required by the Finance Team or a member of the Management Team
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm 37.5 Hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• You must have basic knowledge of double entry book-keeping
• Ideally have worked in a finance/accounts role previously.
• You must have a good computing skills
• Sage line 50 exposure would be a plus
Personal QualitiesMust have good computing and communication skills, organised and have a positive working attitude.
Future ProspectsFull time job opportunity and progression to a L4 Apprenticeship exists for the right candidate
The apprenticeship includes:
• AAT L2 Foundation Certificate in Bookkeeping
• SAGE L2 Computerised Accounts
• AAT L3 Advanced Diploma in Accounting AQ 2016
Training and Assessment
• Throughout the first 12 months you will be required to attend the 3aaa Accountancy Academy in Guildford on average 25-30 days (plus exam days).
• You will attend a full week intensive course to prepare you for the AAT Synoptic Assessment (approx. month 12-14)
• Your dedicated Assessor will visit you in the workplace every 8-12 weeks
• You will be invited to 3aaa Masterclasses presented by industry experts to enrich your learning experience.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.