Job DescriptionThis is an opportunity to join an exciting new IT support company that will soon have reach across the whole of Europe with strong ambitions for growth Watchdog IT Support are looking for a confident, technically minded apprentice to join their IT support team and you will be responsible for assisting customers remotely with a range of IT issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Remotely diagnosing, fault finding, troubleshooting, documenting & resolving software & system issues using given tools
• Actioning helpdesk tickets and enquiries notified through Watchdog specialist software
• Remotely accessing customer computers to identify and resolve a variety of PC and computer issues
• Providing a swift and efficient response to customers
• Dealing with a range of business and private home customers with IT related issues through remote support
• Responding to IT issues and providing a solution
• Interacting with customers online using a highly secure internet connection
Working Week30 hours a week (on average 4 days a week sometimes more during busy periods and will be paid accordingly for any overtime) Business opening hours are Monday – Saturday between 8.30 am – 5.30 pm Shifts and hours may be subject to change.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Keen interest in IT
- • Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
- • Good knowledge of various software and hardware
- • Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting ability
- • Self-Motivated
- • Personable
- • Positive attitude towards work
- • Proactive
Future ProspectsPossibility to progress within the business on completion of the apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).