Job DescriptionAre you interested in a career in IT Support? The team at Fusion Technology Services are looking for an IT Support Apprentice to join their team in the Heart of Chelmsford. Do you have a technical mind and an interest in helping customers with their IT issues? If so, get your application in today!
|Provide IT technical support over the telephone and on site.
Install and configure computer hardware operating systems and applications.
Monitor and maintain computer systems and networks.
Talk clients through a series of actions either face-to-face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve issues.
Troubleshoot system, network problems, diagnose, and solve hardware or software faults.
Record support requests on Connectwise.
Replace hardware and re-install software as required.
Follow written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system.
Set up new users’ accounts and profiles and deal with password issues.
Book appointments and respond to call-outs.
Work continuously on a task until completed (or refer to third parties if appropriate).
Prioritise and manage many open cases at one time.
Rapidly establish a good working relationship with clients.
Work with third party vendors.
Answer the telephone, take and pass on messages accurately.
Carry out general office duties.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Polite and friendly telephone manner.
- Interest in career in IT
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Motivated to learn and develop the skills necessary to become a key member of the Fusion Team
Future ProspectsPotential of a Full time position or progression to a Level 4 Apprenticeship on completion of the Level 3.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)