Job DescriptionWe require a front-end web developer apprentice to join and assist the business is web development. You will also be joining the business with 4 more apprentices so this is a golden opportunity with bags of fun to be had with career opportunities at hand also.
Role specific duties –
Candidates for this position must have a genuine interest in the latest technological developments in the industry.
- Amending existing website code and designs
- Adding new pages, images, text to existing websites
- Designing sample page layouts including text size and colours
- Creating design ideas
- Using a variety of software packages
- Working with different content management systems
- Editing content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
- Testing the website to ensure it is working across multiple platforms and devices
- Researching current design trends
(Training and support will be offered throughout this role via both the employer and apprenticeship training provider).
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Experience in HTML5 and CSS3
• Knowledge of Responsive web design techniques
• Knowledge in Wordpress
• Good general web skills, web-based email & browser technologies
Personal Qualities• Willing to learn
• Able to work with minimal supervision
• Strong communication skills
• Organised with the ability to prioritise time-sensitive tasks
• Commercially focused
• Creative and flexible
• Above all – a keenness to learn and develop
Future ProspectsUpon completion, you may be offered a full-time position.
• Level 3 Diploma in Digital Marketing
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)