Job DescriptionWe are currently looking for an apprentice graphic designer to be trained and then be responsible for developing graphic communication and editorial content across our portfolio of titles both in print and digital form as well as developing and implementing design for other print media.
• You will be working with our Head of Design. Overtime you will then be responsible for complete project development, from concept, through design, presenting to clients, to creating print-ready artwork.
Qualifications and Skills
• Have a strong interest in graphic and media design (2D) including all publishing materials (booklet, brochure, menu, poster, etc.) and digital design (online publications)
• Understanding in Adobe Creative Suite software’s such as Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe InDesign
• Able to design to help build clients user base.
• Able to think outside the box to solve difficult subject matter visually.
• Able to design with an eye for detail and flair for typography.
• Able to understand design trends.
• Graphic / Communication / Media / Visual Design.
Working WeekMonday - Friday, 9am – 5.30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Knowledge of Graphic Design
- Adobe Creative Suite software skills
- Photography editing skills
- Illustration skills
- Can work to tight deadlines across projects.
- Friendly team player
- Understand the procedure of communication design process.
Future ProspectsProgression to Digital Marketing Level 4 or permanent position for the right candidate.
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.