Job DescriptionDo you want to be come an IT Technican? Want to work for a company who value their staff and their development? Apply today !
▪ Support the schools by managing all telephone enquiries requiring technical support from turn IT on. Act as the first point of contact for all their calls and liaising across teams in turn IT on to ensure outstanding levels of customer support are received. ▪ Provide great communication with your schools and create friendly and positive customer service when taking calls that require technical support from turn IT on. ▪ Provide regular updates to schools and consultants on the status of the school enquiries. Ensuring that all parties are aware of actions being taken and response times. ▪ Ensure all school records are kept up to date on the tracking system so that all parties are aware of call status and actions being taken. This is essential so that we can regularly track and report on the customer experience and monitor response times.
▪ Manage telephone calls from schools requiring technical assistance and helping them to resolve technical issues that are affecting the efficient running of the schools as quickly as possible. This will cover all the services and products provided by turn IT on to schools ▪ Ensure on-going technical problems are logged and tracked in the correct system regularly keeping records updated ▪ Remotely provide support to schools for technical matters such as: o Network problems o Server failure or back up issues o Ensuring that the back-up is working and you are completing a test recovery o Managing the active directory – create users o Installation of software o General issues with PC’s, iPad’s and other ICT equipment o Ensuring Centrastage are installed on computers where needed o Resolve issues with smartboard and projectors. o MIS technical support ▪ Supporting installation of new networks and servers as part of a project team through the holiday periods ▪ General customer service support to the regional consultant teams and schools. ▪ Supporting with calls relating to consultant scheduling and availability and liaising with team managers as appropriate.
▪ Ensure excellent communication with schools, manager and other team members – calls and emails are responded to every day ▪ Ensure that the organisation of calls/enquiries is managed effectively and efficiently with schools and across the internal turn IT on teams. ▪ Keeping the internal systems updated with school information ▪ Work effectively with Team Manager to update progress, ensure best use of weekly hours and resolve any ongoing issues ▪ Positively share communication on all enquiries with the consultant teams so that they are fully aware of developments and work activities within their schools. ▪ Follow Health and Safety procedures ▪ Any ad-hoc tasks that turn IT on might require
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Strong communication and organisation skills
- Experience with ICT and technical issues and a passion and interest to learn
- Good team player
Future ProspectsProgression onto full time employment and or level 4 for the right candidate.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)