Job DescriptionWorking in a small team supporting 150 users across the business. Also logging warranty calls with key vendors on behalf of our customers.
As part of this varied role, you will be:
- 1st Line Support – Logging calls for customers
- Hardware Builds and Upgrades
- Hardware and Software Troubleshooting
- Administering Windows 7 and 10
- Active Directory administration (creating accounts, email addresses etc.)
(MAC knowledge would be an advantage but not necessary)
You will be working as part of a small team maintaining a large infrastructure, whilst Assist with cabling works within the offices and datacentres and any other duties relevant to the position and the running of the company.
Working WeekMonday to Friday, 8:30am to 5:30pm.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsFlexible and not afraid of occasionally getting “hands dirty” with some of the more hands on tasks.
The ability to communicate effectively at all levels with good relationship building skills
Self-motivated and keen to develop, with a willingness and desire to learn
Personal QualitiesKeenness to develop new technical skills
Good numerical and literacy skills and high levels of computer literacy
Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise
Future ProspectsPossible Permanent Opportunity, Progression on to Level 4
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)