Job DescriptionDue to continued expansion we are now seeking a 1st Line Technical Support member to be based from our Sheffield office. This is a mixed and varied role that is desk based.
|During your apprenticeship you will have a wide variety of job roles which will enable you to gain a sound knowledge of a diverse range of technology.|
· Troubleshooting issues and faults with both hardware and software.
· Providing customers with solutions and first-line support.
· Tackling all types of IT equipment from printers and desktops to servers and monitors.
· Giving an extremely high standard of customer service.
· Answering telephone calls to customers, then calling them back to ensure that the fault has been resolved and that they are satisfied.
· Updating calls accordingly and ordering parts where necessary.
Arranging the shipment of faulty items to repair agents.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Communicating on the telephone.
• Computer literacy.
• Great time-keeping.
• Personal presentation.
Personal Qualities• Positive attitude.
• Motivated and driven to meet targets.
• A passion for the subject and drive to achieve their apprenticeship.
Future ProspectsProgression onto a Level 4 apprenticeship or the offer of full time employment within the company
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)