Job DescriptionAre you passionate about IT and love finding ways to fix and improve your com-puter at home? Keen to start your career with a specialist company who can offer you the progress you are looking for? If you are committed and looking to work for a forward thinking and well established company apply now!
The successful apprentice will join our client’s growing IT Team working in a managed network services and network security department. Our client is not a typical call centre/IT support office, you will not spend all day on the phone, but you will be expected to answer one or two phone calls a day and handle appropriately. For this role you will need to be a team player with a passion for IT that you can demonstrate. Full training will be given however a proven passion for IT is essential.
The role will be to provide mainly software based support to customers with software issues, although hardware skills would also be an advantage. Typical duties will include:
• Logging and responding to tickets or incidents both over the phone and via an email based system.
• Working with an established team to learn how fix a range of IT issues
• Responding to failed backups, investigate and re-run if appropriate
• Checking systems are updated and that automated updates have been applied
• Testing internal and client systems and software where required
• Other regular checks to systems, servers and networks.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer literate
- Customer service
- IT skills
- Positive, enthusiastic, motivated
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Strong interest in IT
Future ProspectsTo progress to level 4 and continue to progress career in IT.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).