Job DescriptionThis is an exciting opportunity to develop HR knowledge through practical hands on work experience alongside an Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3. This role would suit a passionate and motivated individual who wants to start a career in Human Resources and gain experience of working within a fast-paced office environment.
Developing HR knowledge through practical hands on work experience alongside an Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 3. Multitasking several aspects of the job such administrative support, processing payroll, producing contractual change documentation, and responding to basic HR related queries. Opportunities will be provided to become involved in HR related projects.
Primary duties and Responsibilities
• Understand the CLF structure and culture and how the HR team add value to the CLF vision
• Understand the role and focus of HR within an organisation
• Work effectively with all members of the HR team to resolve queries promptly and effectively.
• Build effective ongoing relationships with Academy representatives to ensure smooth data and information transfer between the Academy and the central HR team.
• Liaise effectively with the external payroll provider to support the accurate run-ning of the CLF payroll.
• Apply safeguarding principles to all work undertaken particularly in relation to recruitment.
• Answer basic queries both verbally and in writing.
• Handle sensitive HR data and information with discretion and confidentiality at all times
• Create employment packs to include offer letters, contacts of employment and pre-employment checks documentation
• Produce accurate employment contractual change documentation in accord-ance with guidance and related approval.
• Assisting Academies in the recruitment of new staff
• Ensure recruitment is processed in line with the CLF policy and procedure.
• Input accurate information into HR Information Systems
• Resolve ad-hoc payroll related queries and escalate where necessary.
• Ensure the safe storage of paper and/or electronic data within HR systems, Q Drive and filing systems.
• Learn about new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and ensure files are stored correctly in line with CLF policy and current legislation.
• Process payroll related documentation received from Academies and transfer data to the external payroll provider in accordance with agreed protocols.
• Learn about CLF absence policies e.g. maternity leave, paternity leave, shared parental leave, domestic incident leave etc and advise Academies appropriately to ensure these policies are followed.
• Learn about CLF sickness policies and assist HR Managers with relevant commu-nication to Academies and sickness meetings
• Learn about CLF disciplinary and grievance procedures and assist HR Managers with relevant communication and meetings
• Learn about CLF managing change policy and assist HR managers with relevant communication and meetings
• Assist the Pensions Co-ordinator with pensions related matters e.g. auto-enrolment, leavers, employment changes, audits
• Assist the HRIS Advisor with system related matters e.g. extracting and input-ting data, ensuring data is accurate
• Assist the HR Projects Manger with HR related projects
• Work in accordance with agreed processes and procedures. Empowered to ap-ply some discretion and common sense within agreed levels of authority and philosophy of the team and the organisation.
• Recognise where matters may not be handled appropriately and escalate where necessary.
• Identify and suggest process improvements to improve the delivery and/or ef-ficiency of the HR service provided.
• Working within an often time pressured environment where there will be de-mands to complete tasks within specific timescales such as processing the pay-roll and recruitment.
• Ability to be patient, show empathy and remain calm under pressure.
• Undertake other appropriate tasks as required.
• Able to respond to ad-hoc requests and change priorities when required.
• Manage own workload effectively
• Mostly sedentary role with limited exposure to manual handling of items such as files.
• Work will be office based.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 9am to 5.00pm 37 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Good standard of oral and written communication skills.
- • An ability to work effectively within a team based environment.
- • Well organised and able to plan and prioritise own workload.
- • Good working knowledge of a Microsoft office packages and to continually develop skills.
- • Excellent customer service skills.
- • Empathy and excellent listening skills within a team based environment.
- • Motivated
- • Team player