Job DescriptionHR Administrator Apprentice Responsible for processing routine HR transactions that cannot be completed through manager or employee self-service applications and deals with queries from employees and managers through a range of channels (telephone, email, skype etc). Escalates sensitive or complex issues to other members of the HR team.
To administer and process a range of transactional tasks through the HR Information System (HRIS).
• To ensure accurate and complete employee records are maintained through the HRIS and electronic personnel filing system.
• To monitor regular processes, such as Eligibility to Work documents, End of Probation, Fixed Term Contracts, Driver Documentation, and take appropriate action to ensure these are progressed or actioned.
• To contribute to the processing of CRC/DBS for employees and associates via a third-party organisation, ensuring applications are tracked and completed as required.
• To assist with administration of recruitment processes e.g. arranging interviews, posting job adverts
• To act as the first point of contact for employees and managers with regards to a range of employment related queries, providing accurate and timely support and ensuring high levels of customer service at all times escalating more complex queries to another appropriate member of the HR team.
• To provide HRIS first line support to users of Employee Self-Service (ESS) and People Manager, ensuring that technical and/or configuration changes are addressed and escalated as required.
• To contribute to controlling, improving and implementing end-to-end HR administration processes, such as new starters, induction, leavers and contract variations.
• To undertake a range of administration tasks to support the Talent and Recruitment team such as posting vacancies internally and externally, arranging interviews and coordinating the retention of interview notes.
• To support HR colleagues with ad hoc project and general administration in order to maintain an efficient and effective service to the business.
• To collaborate with the Payroll team to process pay/benefits and employment changes to meet deadlines.
• To maintain and develop relationships with the HR team and business, but understand requirements to escalate queries as appropriate, especially in relation to ER issues.
• To work effectively as a team but with individual accountability, taking ownership and responsibility for tasks carried out.
• To be business aware and develop in depth understanding of HR policy and its application.
• To respond to general information requests from third parties, taking data protection considerations into account.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Educated to GCSE level or equivalent in English Language and Maths
- • Excellent command of written and verbal English
- • Good IT skills (preferably using Microsoft Office programmes)
- • Good organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
- • Ability to work accurately with detailed information
- • Strong attention to detail (particularly data processing and documentation)
- • Confident manner when dealing with people
- • Ability to work in a confidential environment and deal sensitively with individuals
- • Ability to keep people informed of progress on key tasks
- • Commitment and desire for personal development
- Can do attitude
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate/ progression onto a higher apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Advanced Apprenticeship in Business and Administration.
• Level 3 Diploma in Business and Administration.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).