Job DescriptionChilds Hill School is a restorative school. We inspire children to achieve their full potential through passionate teaching that develops confidence, curiosity and independent learning within a safe, supportive and inclusive environment.
We are a school which is currently seeking an ICT Apprentice to assist the school with the following duties:
1. To assist with the day to day running of the school’s network.
2. Liaise with the Deputy Headteacher and/or Premises Manager about those jobs that are newly added to the fault list and those previously not dealt with.
3. To carry out hardware/peripheral repairs as instructed by the Deputy Headteacher and/or Premises Manager
4. Assist with the installation of new hardware and software.
5. To carry out minor repairs, including arranging refurbishment of printers with local companies.
6. To carry out routine network maintenance such as user creation and password resets.
7. To ensure the recording of all enquiries and to pass more difficult problems to the Deputy Headteacher and/or Premises Manager.
8. Maintain accurate records of all ICT problems.
9. Routine maintenance and security of all equipment.
10. Assist with parent-school electronic communications.
11. Assist with maintaining the School website.
12. Assist with maintaining the Life Channel.
13. Assist staff with “Take a Look” and “Look at Me” software
14. To carry out routine maintenance of ipads (software upgrades)
15. Carry out routine maintenance of printer/photocopier (replace toner cartridges/raise support calls)
16. Deal with user requests and enquiries; pass on messages to IT technician as needed.
17. Daily check of IT equipment in classrooms.
18. Support all classrooms with IT issues weekly maintenance (clean and calibrate interactive whiteboards/smart boards)
19. To work alongside the IT technician on a weekly basis.
20. To carry out any other duties as requested by the Deputy Headteacher and/or Premises Manager.
21. To support teachers with ICT lessons as and when required.
22. Stock control for all ICT consumables
23. Creating user guides for staff and pupils
This is a fantastic position suitable for an eager to learn apprentice looking to increase their skills and knowledge in IT.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 08:00 – 16:00 (36 hours per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • ICT desktop software skills, including Microsoft operating systems and standard office software including installing PCs and printers.
- • Literate with good written and verbal communication skills
- • Knowledge or experience of ICT desktop hardware and software technologies.
- • Customer focussed
- • Tact and sensitivity
- • Commitment to working as a positive and constructive team member
- • Good communication and inter-personal skills
- • Ability to use initiative to think through problems to find solutions
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)