Job DescriptionThis is an amazing opportunity for someone who wants to be successful in IT and who would like to work for a popular school in Bedford. You will become an expert in IT and be looked upon as an important contributor to the schools success. Earn money, whilst gaining a qualification, whilst also being valued in an industry you love!
|A summary of duties include: Entering calls into the helpdesk tracking system, prioritising calls, evaluating calls, resolving calls and escalating calls as required to other Senior onsite ICT Support technicians/engineers, follow-up/ communication with users, keeping abreast of hardware and software technology, training School staff.
Given the pace of development in technology, a flexible and adaptable attitude to change is essential. This job provides a good opportunity to develop a solid grounding in all aspects of ICT in a stimulating environment.
Main duties and responsibilities
Assist School and Harpur Trust staff and students with day to day ICT requirements;
Setup and maintain computer and audio visual equipment such as scanners, printers, Interactive Whiteboards, data projectors, ensuring that these are ready to be used as necessary;
Job Description – ICT Systems Support Engineer
Ensure the effective running of the ICT Helpdesk and various Computer Systems and to respond to ICT Support requests in a timely fashion, prioritising accordingly to ensure minimum disruption to Teaching and Learning at all times;
• Evaluate each support request/call to determine appropriate response and referral; determine if on-site assistance by ICT technical support staff is appropriate and prioritise each call accordingly; escalate calls based on service level. Communication with users should be established at all times;
Report any suspected security breaches to the ICT Services & Innovations Manager;
Carry out computer desktop, server and network repairs as required;
Participate in important technological department projects;
Assist in sourcing and preparation of Purchase Orders and liaise with suppliers and external support agencies, checking new equipment on arrival installing as appropriate (including asset marking and adding to the database);
Setup/add, and remove user accounts (Including Management Information System and email);
• Assist with computer recycling and arrange for the safe disposal of used toner cartridges where necessary;
• To monitor and maintain general ICT consumable stock to ensure adequate supplies are available in a timely and cost effective manner ensuring best value at all times;
Follow departmental backup, virus protection and security procedures;
Attend (where necessary) ICT Staff and Pupil User Group Meetings;
Deliver training to individuals and small groups of staff across the school and Harpur Trust office;
Perform periodic computer room health checks both School and Trust wide;
Undertake training as required to support the on-going development of the job role;
Liaise with ICT Support staff members at the other Harpur Trust Schools in assisting with connectivity or shared system issues on the Harpur Trust Network;
To assist with the technical functionality of the School’s Website, Management Information System (iSAMS), Virtual Learning Environments and other web based resources/portals/smart phone applications;
Working WeekMon-Friday 8:30-5:30
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Experience of supporting users on School or business networks.
- Experience of Microsoft Server Software/Systems.
- Experience of using Microsoft Windows 10 Operating System.
- Excellent IT skills and computer literacy.
- Basic network and computer security concepts and troubleshooting.
- Good working knowledge of desktop computer, laptop, smart phone/tablet hardware devices and its configuration.
- Keep abreast of new developments in software and hardware.
- Have the flexibility to problem solve, troubleshoot and resolve user issues quickly and effectively.
- IT Enthusiast
- Excellent communicator
Future ProspectsThis is an amazing opportunity and has huge development opportunity. Full time job offer to the right candidate may be available.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)