Job DescriptionAre you someone that has already done a level 3 IT apprenticeship and are now looking for that next move? Would you like to put your experience to the test whilst progressing through your level 4 apprenticeship? Look no further. Apply here!
Main duties and responsibilities
To assist in the implementation of the school’s ICT strategy by undertaking the following under the direction of the ICT Technical Coordinator:
a) Maintaining the school computer networks, ensuring network servers are backed up as specified in the school’s ICT policy.
b) Ensuring staff and students have access to internet and intranet sites and set up
c) Carrying out minor repairs to equipment where there is no maintenance contract.
d) Referral of serious technical and support problems to both the ICT Technical Coordinator and appropriate technical/support facility, to ensure the quick resolution of faults.
e) Installation of software and hardware including the updating of drivers and anti virus software.
f) To set up user accounts for staff and students in accordance with the school’s policies.
g) To adjust and safeguard VDUs and other computer equipment, ensuring health and safety requirements are met as directed.
h) To be responsible for quoting for ICT hardware, software and consumables.
i) Maintenance of the hardware asset register.
j) To be responsible for loaning of equipment to teaching and support staff, ensuring its correct use and that it is returned within agreed timescales.
k) To maintain user and departmental documentation.
2. To ensure the security of the computer room(s) and equipment.
3. To set up equipment for use by teaching staff.
4. To provide ICT support to staff and students via direction from staff and solving day-to-day ICT problems.
5. To be familiar with the requirements of Data Protection legislation and to ensure compliance with it.
6. To maintain confidentiality at all times in respect of school-related matters and to prevent disclosure of confidential and sensitive information.
7. To undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Understanding of Networking principles
- Understanding of Servers
- Communication skills
Future ProspectsFull time permanent position available for the right candidate.
Assessment of the Competence component (Edexcel) will be carried out in the workplace over the full duration of the program. The assessor will visit the apprentices in the workplace at-least once every 6-8 weeks to gather evidence. Your training will consist of:
• Edexcel BTEC Level 4 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (QCF).
• City & Guilds Level 4 Diploma for ICT Professional.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded with a City and Guilds L4 Diploma for ICT Professionals and a L4 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals.