Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for IT? Want to find that perfect opportunity to kick-start your career?Then look no further!Swavesey Village College want you!Hit that apply button now!
|A fantastic opportunity has arisen for one lucky individual to kick-start their career within the IT sector!|
Swavesey Village College are looking for a hardworking, driven and motivated person to join their team as an IT Support Infrastructure Technician Apprentice.
This exciting role will test your IT knowledge whilst enhancing your abilities to work effectively as an individual and within a team.
The successful Applicant will undertake the role of the IT Support Infrastructure Technician Apprentice.
The duties can be seen below:
· Providing 1st Line Support
· Solving projector and interactive whiteboard issues
· Setting up new machines and swapping faulty laptops
· Editing user accounts
· Installing and configuring software
· Installing computers in new IT suites
· Configuring network devices
· Responding to urgent IT issues
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to make that first step in to an IT career and begin their future career.
There is the opportunity to progress on to a Level 4 apprenticeship upon successful completion of the Level 3 Apprenticeship. You could potentially gain a permanent position with the employer too.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8.30am – 5pm (40 hrs per week)
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsCompetent using MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Good IT knowledge
Experience either building and taking apart computers or troubleshooting PC faults
Willing to learn
Future ProspectsThere is the chance to progress on to a Level 4 apprenticeship upon successful completion of the Level 3. There is also the chance to gain a permanent position with the employer as long as you put in the work and dedication that is sought after by the employer.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)