Job DescriptionThe sysadmin team is responsible for building, developing and maintaining computer and networking systems for the business. This is an exciting time to join Comms365 as we embark on new projects and introduce new technologies to a fast-growing market.
|The Sysadmin team is responsible for building, developing and maintaining computer and networking systems for the business. They also provide support to internal users when they experience technical issues with their computer systems and for general enquiries. You will work closely with the various technology teams to supply and build IT systems across different platforms. This will allow you to develop knowledge of complex IT systems and services within the telecommunications industry.|
This is an exciting time to join Comms365 as we embark on new projects and introduce new technologies to a fast-growing market.
· To provide support to employees for hardware, software, servers and other equipment.
· To assist with the setting up, maintenance and repair of computers and networking equipment.
· Implement company IT security policies.
· To help produce systems documentation as necessary.
· To set up, maintain and organise repairs for various computing equipment.
· To undertake any other relevant duties as may reasonably be requested by management.
(Full training and support will be provided as part of your apprenticeship)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good communication skills
• An interest in IT and computing
• Good at problem solving
Personal Qualities• Positive and enthusiastic
• Willingness to learn
• Team player with ability to work on own initiative
Future ProspectsOn successful completion of the apprenticeship, the company is happy to consider progression to Level 4/permanent position. Progression to Systems Administrator available to dedicated candidates, with continuous opportunities for development.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)