Job DescriptionAre you an absolute technology nut? If so then this is an amazing opportunity to join a company involved in all aspects of networking, telecoms, internet services and technology in general. You will often be working on-site at a variety of events helping to set up and manage anything up to full solutions including Wi-Fi network infrastructure.
Your work will develop to include:
• Setting-up and testing internet, network and telephony equipment before corporate events including sporting and political
• Managing and installing a whole range of equipment from basic kit re-quirements to full solutions including Wi-Fi network infrastructure, security advice through to full office based and cloud based solutions
• Offering cyber security advice to clients
• Consultancy services to the Police
You will work approximately 40 hours per week but need to be very flexi-ble. When attending events you must be prepared to stay away from home – all expenses including food will be paid for.
Working WeekMonday to Friday, 10am to 6pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Sound knowledge of networking and infrastructure
- • Customer service
- • Tremendous willingness to learn new skills
- • Passionate about technology
- • Able to travel and stay away from home (not necessary to be a driver)
- • Flexibility over working hours
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate. This is a tremendous chance to build your knowledge and skills in IT and telecommunications.
The apprenticeship will include:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture.
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems.
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services.
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic.
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes.
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification).
On completion of the apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited knowledge modules covering the following topics: Networking and Architecture, Mobile and Operating Systems, Cloud Services, Coding and Logic and Business Processes. You will also receive an industry recognised qualification from Microsoft or CompTIA whilst gaining eligibility to apply to the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)