Job DescriptionSprint Integration are seeking a candidate with very good customer service skills and a passion and to develop a career in the IT Industry. The successful candidate will be working alongside our enthusiastic team of IT Technicians in a busy office environment.
The role includes day to day office duties such as:
First line technical support as well as telematics support
• Working within our Service Team helping to support our clients IT Systems
• Answering the telephone offering 1st line support to clients
• This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with an interest in IT and Telecommunications to learn and develop within our company.
• Full training on our in-house systems will be provided.
- Carry out and assist with day to day support on servers, workstations, monitors & laptops.
- Visit clients with engineers off site to observe and assist with methods and support.
- Maintain support logs and regular updates to management on outstanding issues.
- In time independently visiting clients off site for basic PC installations and other projects.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• A candidate who has a passion and strong interest in IT
• Have a high level of interest in computing and business
• Smartly presented and strong customer service skills.
Personal Qualities• Self-motivated
• Eager to learn.
• Positive Attitude
Future ProspectsPotential of advancement onto Level 4 or full-time employment.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)