Job DescriptionThe IT Administrator will be responsible for all frontline IT support and maintenance of the company systems, software and hardware. You will be supporting a growing small company as they develop their systems and processes. This is a great oppor-tunity for an enthusiastic candidate to learn and grow into a role requiring a lot of responsibility
Your exciting duties will involve but not limited to;
• Day to day IT admin work – including maintenance of Software and Hardware on IT systems and servers used in the company
• Setting up new systems for employees – software and hardware
• Troubleshooting and diagnosing IT issues
• Developing small services/web-programs to help internal teams – using databases like MySQL, programming languages and frameworks like Ruby on Rails
• General IT support for a small office as required
Working Week35 hours per week 9 to 5 Monday to Friday
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Basic understanding of how computer hardware is put together and works – personal computers and servers.
- Familiarity with Apache web servers or Linux or programming experience would be a bonus.
- Eager to learn
- Positive Attitude
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate, progression to Level 4.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 - Networking and Architecture
• Knowledge Module 2 - Mobile and Operating Systems
• Knowledge Module 3 - Cloud Services
• Knowledge Module 4 - Coding and Logic
• Knowledge Module 5 - Business Processes
• One vendor certification selected based on your job role and individual capabilities (Typically a Microsoft Technical Associate (MTA) certification)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)