Job DescriptionFantastic Opportunity in an established school environment where you will be the IT Apprentice. So if you love IT and Media and want to kick start your career look no further
The IT and Media Apprentice will be a new central role based within the Network Services Team, and will be trained to support all the audio visual equipment and assist with assemblies, live streaming and filming of events throughout the foundation. Comprehensive training will be provided in conjunction with a day release programme. Depending on the applicant’s level of experience and existing qualifications, this will be provided either by Loughborough College on the Level 3 IT Apprentice Scheme which lasts 2 years, or a one-year Level 4 IT programme with The 3aaa Academy, Leicester.
The role will also be instrumental in the creation and editing of professional enhanced media footage and web content and support the development of the Social Media Strategy, assisting with the technical aspects of marketing activities.
The role will be involved in the refresh and upgrade of audio visual, digital lighting control and video equipment used throughout the campus. Part of the central network services team, mentoring will be provided by the e-Learning Coordinator and technical guidance will be provided by the Music School IT technician. The post will support all teaching staff across the Loughborough Endowed Schools and will undertake customer facing duties, communicating effectively with students, teachers and parents.
- To provide technical support to staff at the Schools with respect to all audio visual, and video broadcast and recording of both internal and external events, ensuring that all equipment is properly maintained and stored after and between use.
- To be responsible for the filming and recording of events as requested. This will include sporting and drama events, which may take place outside of the school day.
- To make all appropriate preparations for filming including the preparation and setup of equipment and working with staff to ensure efficient operation with no disruption to lessons.
- To be responsible for the processing and edit of web sites and content as requested and to maintain an archive of digital media as a resource, following best practice.
- To make all appropriate preparations for scheduled events where IT and Media support is required, undertaking the preparation and setup and take-down of equipment.
- Working with colleagues to ensure efficient operation and customer service with no disruption to lessons.
- To log all support and service requests in the Help Desk system, making every effort to resolve and update tickets within the required service levels.
- To work closely with the Loughborough Endowed schools marketing team in the development of an effective digital and social media and wider marketing strategy.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• A clear interest in working within the education sector
• Keen to develop the effective use of IT in schools
• Excellent IT skills including the ability to confidently use a wide range of Microsoft and Apple software
Personal Qualities• A clear interest in working within the education sector
• An interest and understanding of digital content creation and associated tools
Future ProspectsFull time opportunity available
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)