Job DescriptionWe are looking for a motivated Web Developer apprentice that is keen to learn. Responsibilities will initially include modifying existing Jekyll sites as you learn the framework and how we work. Eventually you will be building responsive websites from concept all the way to completion from the bottom up.
You’ll be working within a team of young dynamic individuals, many of whom also contribute to the many different digital marketing services we provide to both our own brand, ‘BookMyGarage.com’ and that of our 8,500 garage clients.
Create client websites Implement changes to client websites
Communication – Internal & External – Will be expected to speak to third party’s over the phone
Cooperate with marketing to match visual design intent & brand image
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Competent with general Windows 10 usage
- • Fairly strong knowledge of HTML & CSS
- • Basic computer hardware knowledge e.g. Can build a computer from components
- • Any knowledge of Bootstrap Library would be advantageous
- • Any knowledge of Jekyll would be advantageous
- • Hardworking and approachable
- • Confident speaking over the telephone
- • Strong communication skills
Future ProspectsPermanent position/progression on to level 4.
The qualification will consist of:
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction).
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam).
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam).
On completion of this apprenticeship, you will be awarded BCS accredited Knowledge Modules covering the following topics: Software Development Context, Methodologies and Programming. You will also be eligible to apply for entry onto the register of IT Technicians confirming SFIA L3 Professional Competence.
*Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)