Job DescriptionCan you drive and do you have access to your own vehicle? Would you like the idea of being out on the road, visiting a variety of client sites to provide IT support? Do you love stripping down and repairing computers? If so, apply now!
Be expected to log and resolve client issues, visit clients onsite to carry out range of IT support and infrastructure project, learn how the business operates and become a valued member of the team.
Partake in training and on-going support.
Provide technical advice, support and assistance to clients and enable them to make full use of the services & resources they offer.
Record and resolve faults wherever possible, seek external help where it is necessary.
Undertake minor repairs to computers and accessories as appropriate.
Arrange the collection and delivery of repairable items.
Install new computer equipment and services, software, hardware and upgrades, keep clean and operational all IT equipment and peripherals to ensure that all IT software is well maintained and functioning properly and safely.
Replace printer consumables, set up IT, media equipment and facilities to ensure adherence to software licence agreements.
Be expected to work in a busy environment, Sometimes dealing with walk in customers on a face to face level.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSEs C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- Someone who has a ‘can do’ attitude is paramount.
- Someone who has strong interest in IT.
- Someone who is customer focused.
- Someone who has excellent planning and organisation skills.
- Someone who has the ability to respond to deadlines.
- Someone who has a work on own initiative attitude.
- Someone who is pro-active and motivated to do a good job for the customer.
- An enthusiastic and professional attitude and commitment to learning new skills.
- Apprentice would need to be locally based and have a full driving licence with access to their own transport to be suitable for employer requirements as 90% of work carried out is field based.
Future ProspectsPossible progression to Level 4 and permanent opportunity for the right candidate
Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
Level 3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable).