Job DescriptionAs an established company with both technical and business expertise, we are behind some major household brands. You will be given the opportunity to learn about all the real aspects of business, project management, databases, software design and development. We will assist you to quickly gain a Software Development Level 3 qualification which is e
|Knowledge of some or all the below; (Full training will be provided)|
❖ Mobile App Development (both Android and iOS)
❖ HTML, CSS3
❖ SQL Database Design
At Drive Computing, we go further than simply developing your programming skills, we want you to freely develop your own ideas. As a new apprentice, you will be moving our growing product forward with the opportunity to be our next generation of Project Managers.
We are looking for people who will be able to work independently and lead their own team of developers.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good ICT / literacy skills
• Excellent attention to detail
• Clear Communication & Team player
Personal Qualities• Effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work on own initiative
• Accuracy and attention to detail
Future ProspectsFor the right people, there is the opportunity to continue to work towards a full time Software Engineer/Project Manager role within the company, further developing your skills over a 5-year Apprenticeship. You will increasingly be involved with customer projects, attend meetings with customers, provide training and support and ultimately manage projects through the full Development Life Cycle.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 1 (Introduction)
• Knowledge Module 1 – Software Development Methodologies Part 2 (Plus Exam)
• Knowledge Module 2 – Programming Part 2 (Plus Exam)
Knowledge Modules are specified by the British Computer Society (BCS)