Job DescriptionTechnology constantly evolves and adapts and so do we. We love learning new things, taking on thought-provoking, intricate challenges and delivering websites and applications that make our clients happy. When you live to develop, nothing is more rewarding than the excitement and satisfaction of seeing a successful project go live.
We are looking for a self-taught web developer. Someone who has been making websites for their own projects, friends and family since childhood. Someone who spends their free time experimenting with all the new technologies of the web. We require someone with a portfolio of sites they have created built on a LAMP stack with html and js front-ends. They will hit the ground running and be given projects from the get-go building websites for real clients, ranging from local hairdressers all the way up to companies like Tesco and Wagamama.
• KEY DUTIES –
• Assist senior engineers with project work and client visits (where required).
• They are looking for a committed and professional individual, working closely under the supervision of a senior IT Support Professional.
• Support and monitor Clients’ existing IT infrastructure
• Managing client service requests and ensuring support tickets are up to date with case status
• Providing updates to team/clients as appropriate to ensure everyone is kept informed
• For issues within their scope of knowledge, provide a solution to the client or carry out a fix
• For issues outside their scope, escalate as appropriate to senior colleagues, liaising with them and the client to identify issues and provide interim solutions or workarounds
• Building, maintaining and configuring workstations and servers to the corporate standard
• Being prepared to backfill the team where practical and supporting the daily activities of the team where appropriate
• Assisting and supporting software deployments when required
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Require someone with a portfolio of sites they have created built on a LAMP stack with html and js front-ends.
- • Excellent time keeping.
- • Great communication skills – confident in answering the phone and dealing with customer enquiries.
- • The candidate should be familiar with MS Word, excel and LAMP.
- • Passionate about computers and developing websites.
- Interest to learn new skills.
- Able to respond effectively to changing priorities.
- Calm and professional disposition.
Future ProspectsIf candidate is successful there is the possibility to progress onto Level 4 IT Apprenticeship.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)