Job DescriptionHippo are recruiting for an in house apprentice to provide IT support to all departments. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven IT enthusiast to make this role their own and start off our IT department.
Hippo are recruiting for an in House IT specialist to provide IT support to all areas of a growing business.
We currently outsource all aspects of IT but require someone in house for day to day IT needs and to work along side Seriun the IT company we currently work with.
The role involves:
• Being the first point of contact for all staff for IT issues
• Communicate with Seriun (our IT company) to help resolve any issues that cannot be solved in house
• Set up computers for new starters
• Be responsible for ordering new computers and parts via Seriun
• Be on hand for any day to day computer issues (logins not working etc)
• Assist with desk moves when the computers are involved
• Communicate with the phone company for any phone issues
Working Week8.30-5.30 Monday to Friday
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- • Computer literate
- • Have a good knowledge of how to set up a new computer
- • Be able to work to own initiative
- • Basic knowledge of technical computer issues
- • To be able to work to deadlines
- • Organised
- • Motivated
- • Driven
- • Responsible
- • Trustworthy
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate. The opportunity to make the IT department their own and build up the department.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).