Job DescriptionA rare and exciting opportunity to be part of the international formula one team based in Northamptonshire. Sahara Force India are looking for an apprentice 1st Line IT Support Assistant. The role is office-based service desk and administrative support to the IT department.
Sahara Force India require an apprentice for an office based service desk and administrative support to the IT department. Duties include;
• Handle service requests from end users in a courteous and professional manner
• Take the main details of the end user and their type of service request
• Prioritize service requests and escalate (when required) to the appropriate 2nd line support
• Record, track and document the service request problem-solving process, including all actions taken, through to final resolution
• Perform fixes at desk and remotely, including installing and upgrading software, implementing file backups, and configuring or maintaining systems and applications
• Create and maintain a list of all IT hardware and software and maintain compliance data
• Assist with IT project work if required
• Take and manage other departmental telephone calls
• Maintain departmental calendars, setup and coordinate meetings
• Maintain departmental intranet content where appropriate
• Manage purchase requests and monitor order progress
• Research and get quotes for IT consumables and equipment when requested
• Attend daily briefings to review and set daily objectives
• Perform general administration duties
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
- • Thorough working knowledge of common IT systems and applications, from both a usage and support perspective. Including Microsoft Windows, Office and Active Di-rectory, telephony systems and various hardware platforms.
- • Knowledge of ITIL advantageous.
- • Previous service desk experience and clerical experience advantageous.
- • Customer support skills
- • Calm in high-pressure situations
- • Fit in and communicates well with a team
- • Ability to take responsibility and ownership of tasks
- • Prepared to occasionally work out of hours (late nights / weekends)
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity for the right candidate
The apprenticeship will include:
• BCS L3 Digital Marketer Diploma.
• Google Analytics Individual Qualification.
• You will also be able to join the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM) as an affiliate member and join the British Computing Society (BCS) as an associate member.
Training and Assessment:
• Throughout the apprenticeship, you will be required to attend your local academy for training sessions.
• You will attend a four-day synoptic assessment at the end of your course.
• Your dedicated mentor will visit you in the workplace approximately every 6-8 weeks.
• Online support for modules will be provided for you to complete outside of work.
The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace.