Job DescriptionThis is a fantastic opportunity for an IT Apprentice to work for a well-established company and to grow and expand their knowledge in the Educational sector. This exciting opportunity is based in Bedford, where you will be working part of a busy IT team.
This IT apprentice would be Supporting the Technical Team. Providing general assistance to the team including workshop repairs and commissioning of equipment, deliveries, documentation, 1st Line support both onsite and remotely. There will a program of working with other members of the team in the field providing Technician days and completing installations. Structured training program in conjunction with Apprenticeship Training.
• Respond to Helpdesk requests remotely
• Help desk calls –taking help desk calls; logging and tracking calls
• Hardware and software repairs in a workshop facility
• Installation of hardware and software
• Carry out network documentation and reporting
• Assisting with sourcing spare parts and replacement equipment
Assisting Technical team with maintenance tasks and installs
Working WeekMonday to Friday 9-5pm or 8am to 4pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths and English (or equivalents)
- • Experience of Hardware Repair and Troubleshooting
- • Experience of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office products
- • Able to pass Enhanced Criminal Records Bureau check
- • General office administration and good telephone manner
- • Well organised and self-motivated
- • Able to work independently in the field
- • Reliable, enthusiastic and able to work effectively in a team
- • Ability to prioritise workload and deliver solutions to meet customer SLA’s
Future ProspectsAt the end of the level 3 IT Apprenticeship you would very likely to secure a full time role with the company or may even go on to do a level 4 IT Apprenticeship.
The qualification will consist of:
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms.
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence.
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles.
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable).
On completion of your apprenticeship, you will be awarded a City and Guilds L3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals and a L3 Extended Diploma in ICT (Systems & Principles).