Job DescriptionFantastic opportunity for an IT Apprentice to join established IT installation and maintenance company. Based at our Finchampstead site, you will receive training to perform duties including IT staging, installations and data cabling
As an IT Apprentice you will be working with the Installations Team Leader and through training you will develop the skills required to support with the following duties:
- To physically build EPOS (Electronic Point of Sale) devices such as tills, cash draws and printers into complete systems as per the clients requirements
- Configure and test engineering IT support stock (PC, printers, laptops and Wi-Fi devices) prior to delivery to engineers
- Download software images onto the tills and other devices
- Configure the software (change IP address and allocate site specific names and other information)
- Complete documentation about the systems (including serial number recording)
- To work with the logistics personnel unboxing and re-boxing systems for shipment
Field Based Activities
- When required to attend customer sites with the Installations Team leader or engineer to
- Assist with installing and terminating data cables and modules
- Test and verify data cables using test equipment
- Write up documentation and site audits
- To assist with rollout projects of the configuration work done in the staging facility
The ideal candidate will live locally to Finchampstead and/or preferably be a driver. You will be interested in more of the engineering side of IT support / installation and not helpdesk or software support.
The role is a great opportunity for an individual looking to become a IT Hardware staging or EPOS Field Engineer or a Data Cabling Engineer.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Interest in IT Engineering and Hardware.
Ability to think logically, solve technical problems and plan workload, to prioritise and meet deadlines.
• Intuition, initiative, drive and a strong desire to succeed.
• An active team player, yet able to perform required duties with minimal supervision.
• Ability to represent the company in a positive and professional manner when interfacing with customers.
• Strives to continuously develop and improve own skills and knowledge.
• Willingness to take on new tasks / duties to achieve Job Summary objectives.
Personal Qualities• Hardworking
• Highly flexible
• Willing and eager to learn
• Good level of physical fitness (some manual handling involved)
Future ProspectsPermanent opportunity upon completion of 12-month Apprenticeship. This opportunity has come about because our current apprentice has completed their training and they are being moved to a more senior role.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)