Job DescriptionDo you have a passion for learning how things are made? MEC COM are an established fabrication specialist who are currently CELEBRATING their 17th Birthday. If you want to learn from the best APPLY NOW to see if you’ve got what it takes to join the team.
For this role with training you will assist the IT Manager in the day to day routine and maintenance of the IT infrastructure.
Duties will include the following:
- PC rebuilding
- Configuration of software
- Replacing Printer consumable
- Answering computer user’s questions
- Developing and standardising systems using the manufacturing System and Microsoft Office applications.
The current PC systems involve approximately 50 Windows PC’s, MS Office applications, Pegasus Opera and Operations manufacturing systems located in two main buildings at Hixon.
Working Week0800 to 1700 Monday - Thursday (30 min lunch) 0800 to 1300 Fri (No lunch) 39 hrs per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsIT skills to include Microsoft Office Systems
Good communication skills at all levels
Works well in a team
Experience of Customer service preferred
Any skills in rebuilding computers or software installations are useful
Personal QualitiesPositive attitude
Willing to learn
Ability to multi task
Remains calm when working under pressure
Future ProspectsA permanent position will be offered to the right candidate on completion of the Apprenticeship
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)