Job DescriptionWe don’t expect you to be an expert, but we do want someone who understands the basics of building a Joomla or WordPress site. Maybe you have done this for friends and family and now want to do it professionally?
Are you 16-24 and looking for an exciting career opportunity within the Information and Technology industry? Would you like to learn whilst you earn? Gaining a highly respected vocational qualification, to help you stand out from the crowd? If the answer is YES, then you are the person our client would like to meet!
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Individual to join our fast growing IT Company based in Exeter.
As an IT Support Engineer, your main duties will be:
- Working with clients to support and help them to use and further develop their existing web projects
- Work with clients to help build new websites
- Knowledge of building open source CMS websites (Joomla, WordPress or Drupal)
- Basic knowledge of HTML/CSS
- Hosting, domain names and DNS
Other Duties Include:
- Using web design tools (such as Dreamweaver)
- Using social media (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- Basic design and image manipulation (Photoshop Elements etc.)
The role will be split between working with us to support existing clients as well as helping to develop new web sites, CRM solutions and larger web applications. We expect you to be able to travel, and will offer some home working opportunities.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good Computer Skills
• Basic understanding of software editing
• Excellent organisation skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of IT hardware and its components.
Personal Qualities• Good communication skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Work well under pressure
• Excellent time management
Future Prospects92% of 3aaa’s Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship. Additionally, there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programmes offer on-going development tracks.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)