Job DescriptionWe are a small and fast growing company, with international clients. Our offices are based in Theale. You will be part of our technical team, providing IT support/solutions both at UK HQ and potentially abroad.
As part of the technical team of this fast growing company with employees both in the UK and the US, the Apprentice will learn skills to provide IT support and solutions both for Skotkonung and also our clients. This will include assisting the company and its clients with all facets of their IT usage experience. This incorporates start up and on-going usage from setting up an entire IT system and user account for using e-mail, the internet, word processing and spreadsheet software usage and online security.
The role will also encapsulate IT communication fundamentals, desktop software and security, using collaborative technologies and bespoke software system testing and user support for our teams and our clients.
The role will involve travel, both in the UK and potentially abroad. Due to the nature of the work that Skotkonung Ltd provides, a security check may be required. Experience in ICT is desireable although not essential. We are looking for an Apprentice with the following qualities:
- good levels of literacy and numeracy
- articulate and presentable, as this will be a client facing role on occasions
- attention to detail
- ability to solve problems efficiently, quickly and logically
- passionate about IT and looking to develop a career in the industry.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Good levels of literacy and numeracy
• Articulate and presentable as you will be in a client facing role on occasions
• Attention to detail
• Ability to solve problems efficiently, quickly and logically
• Passionate about IT and seeking to develop a career in the industry.
Personal Qualities• Positive attitude
• Motivated and enthusiastic
• Committed and responsible
• Flexible and accommodating
Future ProspectsFurther apprenticeship progression opportunities at Level 4 and/or a full time position may be available for the successful Level 3 apprentice.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths & ICT (if applicable)