Job DescriptionAre you a “Techie” looking for a job that embraces your “inner geek”? Does working Information and Communication Technology on excite you? You can have the opportunity to support business growth with an unrivalled level of technical and procurement expertise, precision manufacturing on any scale and easy access devices as well as PC’s.
Involved in all aspects of running a manufacturing company,
IT Technical Support Engineer –
Including the roles below but not exclusively
- MRP Factory Master System
- System Management
- Checking for and removing Duplicates and Obsolete parts
- Adding new products to the system
- Data conversion, correction and consolidation
- CSV files: how they work/ are laid out.
- Batch data imports for large additions to database (new connector type, etc)
- Creating Help Documents
- Sales Order
- Website CMS
- Uploading Datasheets
- Talking to Customers
- Providing Quotations for Customers/Prospects, by phone and email.
- Getting supplier Prices
- Datasheets (Creation and Edits) and Brochures (Editing)
- You will be using,
- System Management
Adobe Illustrator Vector format and PDF layouts ,Photoshop or Equivalent. ,Uses and restrictions of different file types (Jpg, png, gif) ,Block and attribute Editing ,Drawing Creation Factory Master Document Layouts ,Editing Mail merge style documents Solutions ,Wire Updater.xlsx,Google Fusion Tables ,Part Number Lookup for Workshop (Excel Sheet)
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired SkillsUnderstanding of electrical systems, power and data transmission both fibre optic and copper, must be highly computer literate – Adobe, CAD, MRP systems. Articulate in both written and verbal forms.
Personal QualitiesSomeone who wishes to work as part of a team who thinks of the good of all but can think on their feet using their own initiative. Well presented.
Future ProspectsA position becoming a full time Technical Support Role within the company.
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)