Job DescriptionAre you looking for an IT apprenticeship within a small IT team within a larger Global department? This exciting position provides the opportunity to obtain qualifications in ITIL, CISCO, Microsoft and others on top of the apprenticeship qualification.
An exciting opportunity has arisen within a leading technology enterprise located in central Cambridge!
Are you looking for that lifechanging opportunity that will allow you to make your first steps in to employment?
Interested in learning and developing your knowledge within the IT sector?
If so then here is the positions for you!
Carl Zeiss are looking for a proactive and vigilant young person to join their IT team. They are looking for that one individual to grown and learn the ways of the business and help contribute to the company.
The tasks and responsibilities of the apprentice are listed below:
- Installing hardware and software
- Servicing and maintenance
- Monitoring, logging and reporting tasks
- Data backup and restoration
- Responding to enquiries
- Interaction on the CRM system
- Answering the telephones promptly in a helpful manner
The IT team support the whole business who rely upon technology to perform their rolls, as such every member of the IT team will be exposed to the entire business
Working WeekMonday – Friday 9:00am – 5:30pm 37.5 hours per week
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Great communication skills
• Great listening skills
• Problem solving
Personal Qualities• Personable and open approach to dealing with people
• Interested in helping people
• Interested in technology
• Able to work on own initiative
• Ability to work through problems to completion
• Good memory and eye for detail
• Ability to study and learn independently
Future ProspectsProgression to Level 4 apprenticeship and eventual career progression for the right candidate
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
• MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
• BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)