Job DescriptionThis is an excellent opportunity to work within an established and Outstanding school based within Hull. You will work within a busy IT department where you will provide support for the School.
This is a fantastic opportunity to support the school and Multi Academy Trust in various aspects of IT Support. This is fantastic opening that will allow you to develop and grow as an IT Technician as well as improve confidence and character along the way. Duties will include: Troubleshooting, Printer Maintenance, Access Control, Google Apps Administration, Windows Administration, Hardware Repairs.
Responsibilities will include:
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children, young people and/or vulnerable adults.
- To both the Multi Academy Trust and Kelvin Hall School provide first line helpdesk support to staff, students and visitors.
- To assist with the purchase, setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, network equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
- To install and configure software applications.
- To Maintain Google Apps Email system.
- To maintain access control and CCTV systems.
- To help produce and maintain I.T reports, and other documentation as necessary.
- To assist with the upkeep of the Multi Academy Trust Asset Register.
The above principal accountabilities are not exhaustive and may vary without changing the character of the job or level of responsibility. The postholder must be flexible to ensure the operational needs of the School are met. This includes the undertaking of duties of a similar nature and responsibility as and when required, throughout the various work places in the School.
Working WeekMonday – Friday 8:30am – 5:00pm 37.5 hrs pw
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsIdeally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Desired Skills• Excellent Team worker
• Good Problem Solver
• Excellent IT knowledge (Understanding of Hardware and Software applications needed)
Personal Qualities• Confident & Motivated Attitude
• Ability to work unsupervised and using own initiative.
• Enthusiastic to Learn new skills.
Future ProspectsThis is a permanent opportunity for the right candidate. Progression to Level 4 Included
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)