Job DescriptionDo you enjoy repairing computers and other equipment at home? Do you have an interest in IT and are looking for a hands on role where you can install parts and repair IT related equipment such as mobile computers and printers? An interest in engineering would also be an advantage. If so please get in touch today as this could be the ideal apprenti
The role will involve working ‘hands on’ to repair Printers, mobile computers and scanners.
The main duties of the role are the hardware repair of:
• Thermal Printers
• Line Printers
• Laser Printers
• Mobile Computers
• Barcode Scanners
The will involve:
• Fault diagnosis
• Replacing boards
• Replacing consumables
• PCB repair (soldering on new components)
• Software configuration.
The would suitable someone with an interest in the engineering and hardware side of IT who enjoys working hands on. Full training will be given.
Working WeekMonday to Friday 9.00am to 17.30, with 1 hour lunch break.
Requirements & Prospects
QualificationsA minimum of 5 GCSE’s C and above Including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
- Computer Literate
- Customer Service
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Interest in IT
- Able to work as part of a team and use own initiative
- Able to meet deadlines
- Positive attitude
Future ProspectsTo become a permanent member of the team
• Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
• L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
• L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
• Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)